Promposal Puns: Cute Promposal Ideas with Puns
There is nothing more exciting for a high schooler than prom season. From picking out the perfect tux or gown to planning a killer after party with your best buds, there is so much to look forward to. However, the real fun starts long before the night of the dance. Asking that special someone to attend the dance with you for what will be one of the most memorable nights of your life is the first step on your way to a magical prom night. There is serious pressure to come up with an unforgettable promposal that will leave your date-to-be feeling like the luckiest person in the world. In need of a little promposal inspiration? Read on for killer promposal puns and cute promposal ideas that will put all others to shame.
What is a promposal?
Thinking a basic “Will you go to prom with me?” will cut it? Think again. As the name suggests, much like a marriage proposal promposals go above and beyond, and typically involve a higher level of planning when asking someone to this major high school milestone event. And while you should definitely give your promposal some thought, there are many cute promposal ideas that span the spectrum of sweet and simple to ridiculously elaborate.
How to Do a Promposal
If you’re looking for cute promposal ideas featuring just the right promposal puns to leave your date laughing and smiling, read on. Check out the following suggestions for how to do a promposal this year:
For the food lovers…
They say the way into someone’s heart is through the stomach, so why not try out these food-themed promposals?
- Buy a box of their favorite donuts. Beforehand, on the inside of the box write, “I donut want to go to prom with anyone else but you!” Surprise them after school at practice or at their car with a smile and the open box of donuts.
- On the inside of a pizza box, write “This may be a little cheesy…but will you go to prom with me?” Bonus points, call the pizza joint ahead of time and ask them to spell out P-R-O-M in pepperoni slices.
- Let’s be honest, nobody can say no to tacos. If your date is a taco fiend, get their attention by filling a platter with tacos. Make a sign that says, “Let’s taco bout prom!” They won’t be able to resist you…or the tacos.
For the sports enthusiasts…
Surprise your date-to-be during halftime or after the big game with one of the following sports-themed promposal puns that are sure to be a homerun.
- If your prom date is on the baseball or softball team, cut a sign into the shape of a base. Write, “You stole my heart, can I steal you for prom?”
- For the basketball player, make a great impression with a sign that says, “I’m shooting my shot…will you go to prom with me?” Another slam dunk option is, “The ball’s in your court, prom together?”
- For the soccer stars, make a poster that says, “It’s my goal to take you to prom.!”
Just for fun…
Nailing a promposal is all about having fun, and often the silliest puns are the most memorable. Consider the following examples:
- Send them on a scavenger hunt that ends with them finding you with a sign that reads, “You found your way into my heart. Will you go to prom with me?”
- Surprise them with a special crown or tiara with a note that reads, “Will you be my prom queen/king?”
- Meet them before school starts with their favorite coffee drink and a card that says, “I like you a-latte. Prom with me?”
Once your date says yes, it’s time to start planning what to wear. Savvi Formalwear offers an incredible selection of prom tuxedos and suits that will coordinate in style and color with any dress or gown. Shop our selection today to find a look you’ll love.